Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GUESS WHO?

Guess who had her first night in her crib?
Yep last night I made the leap and put her in her own crib. She did actually quite well, only got up 3 times twice to feed and once just cause she woke up. I have been having her take naps in her crib for weeks just to get her used to it. So I think that helped. I don't think I did well last night. I didn't sleep very well. I am still nervous and scared and just want her to be safe. I know she is but I still worry about her. But she did great, we will see about tonight and how that goes. Maybe I will sleep a little more. Does it get easier as they get older? Having them becoming so independent?

Another first this week is Kairi can now roll from stomach to back and back to stomach. After our thanksgiving meal on Sunday Kelly and were cleaning up and he looked over at her and said; "wasn't she on her back?" yep she WAS that is the key... she was now on her stomach. so we missed the first roll but she still did it. But then the next day she rolled for me.

And this is where it begins!! She is on the move now!! She is a wiggle worm and this is just the begginning!! Am I ready for this?
The Question is Am I ready for this:

At Kairis 4 month appointment her doctor said from now to 6 months she can start eating rice cereal and then one new food a week. Well he said when I felt she was ready. Well I didn't feel she was ready at that time. But the last few days she has been watching me eat and trying to grab my spoon as I was eating. She wanted to try whatever I was eating. So while I ate I would give her her own spoon and she would go to town on that thing. She loved it in her mouth, she would smile everytime she put it in her mouth and she was so interested in this new object in her hand. So I figured she is ready to try some cereal.

At first she didn't know what to think of it. She thought it was pretty weird stuff.

But then she gobbled thats stuff up!!! As we were feeding her we were trying to make sure we were showing her the sign language that went with everything. Like more, please, food. Her little hands just don't move very easy. But she loved the cereal. So I think for a little while we will add cereal to her days just to see how she goes. Then slowly we will add different baby foods into her diet. Oh how do they grow up so fast.

Do you make your own baby food or just buy it? I kind of want to try the path of making my own for her. Thoughts?

Her faces while eating were classic. Then the babbling that went on after she would take each bite. Ohh Kairi I love you!! Thank you for making my days brighter!

3 comments:

One day at a time. said...

I made my own when I was home, then when I was out and about I would buy it. But I would just use the veggies we ate and blended them up for the girls.

The Caldwells said...

I made my own for both kids so far. You can buy a baby food grinder (like a mini food processor) at walmart for about $20. Cook whatever food (squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc), mash or blend them, then put in ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen pop them out and put into a bag in freezer to save. Each cube is 1oz!! It's super easy, though somewhat time consuming...TOTALLY WORTH IT! I still use my grinder for every day cooking too.
On another note...SHE IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!! I can't add enough O's to that! She really is just so beautiful and i love seeing what you guys are up to. You are such great parents :)

raising4boys said...

Love the pictures!! And even though she isn't doing the signs, keep making them to her. That's how you start (but I'm sure you knew that)