Tuesday, November 30, 2010

THANKSGIVING

I love Thanksgiving!! I love the food, I love being with family, and I love being so thankful for the things I do have.

We had a great time this year. Kelly had to work all morning so it was just Kairi and I. I left her at my dads house in the morning to go and run a race. Yep I was one of the many crazy ones. But it has been a tradition the last couple of years to run a 5K the morning of thanksgiving. It kind of makes eating all day okay and worth it. This year though it was SO COLD!! When I left to go to the race it was 9 degrees. IT WAS COLD!!! But once I started running and got going it actually wasn't to bad. I didn't even feel my lungs getting cold. Granted I had a headache later on that day. But it was so much fun - its a good tradition that will keep me healthy in the long run.

So that is one of the many things I am thankful for. I am thankful for my health and the fact that I can run. I used to go to the gym everyday before I had Kairi and now that I can't go as often as I like I miss it. But I am thankful I still have the ability to work out. Makes me feel so good!!

Im also thankful for my family. For our little family, but also MY ENTIRE family. We all have our crazy Kooks about us but together we have so much fun. We laugh, we play, and I love getting together with my family not just for the holidays but for everyday occasions as well. I enjoy spending time with them and wish we could all do it more.


Im so thankful for this little girl. She really is the light in my day. She is so much fun and I don't know how I lived without her for so long. Her smile melts my heart. I love it when she cries for me and that sometimes that all she wants. Its nice to be needed in that way. Exhausting at times but I love it. I love being her mom and teaching her new things and showing her new things and being there when she does soemthing new, or sees something for the first time. Makes you apprciate life so much more. It also makes to want to be better so I can be with this little angel forever!! I couldn't imagine my life without her. She is my all, my everything.




Seeing a Chritmas tree for the first time. She thought that was pretty great. And yep she tried to put everything in her mouth.



I love you Kairi. This year we are most thankful we brought you into our family.

Another tradition Kelly and I started last year is after the Thanksgiving day with Family. We have our own Thanksgiving dinner with just us. We make our own feast. So here is Kelly enjoying that feast. I am thankful for Kelly. He works so hard so I can stay home with Kairi, he changes his shifts so he can be with her in the mornings while I am at work. He loves us and does so much fo us. Thank you Kelly for being a great husband and a great Dad!!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love this post! Very heart felt!!