Thursday, June 23, 2011

ANTS

So for fathers day Kelly decided he wanted to get an ant farm. He talked about this ant farm for days, telling me how cool it was as a kid and how he loved his. He even called him mom to see if she kept his ant farm (only cause she keeps EVERYTHING - love you Annette ) Well she didn't. I wasn't to sure about this ANT FARM... I mean there friggin ants! I squish ants with my shoe, I flick them with my finger, I spray them with bug killer there are annoying little pests and he wants to keep them in my house? Well one day he calls me on his way home from work and tells me he is going to buy an ant farm..... FINE!!! So it comes and boy is he ever excited hes like a kid again!! He puts it together and now he has to get ants...





Yes this is a grown man using a paper to chase ants around my yard to put them in a bottle to put in his farm. First he tried to use tweezers... weird tweezers squish ants. So yes he is collecting ants. Then he decides that "sugar ants" or the ants you find around your house are lame and he doesn't want them. There to small and he wants the big ants! So up the hill he goes with the dog to find a ANT HILL. When they finally finds a hill Kelly has to collect the big ants.. and they bite. The dog tries to help and gets bit and gets all hot and wants to go home. So I find Kelly sitting in the kitchen with his ants he just collected watching them in his farm.



And I have to admit the ants are pretty cool they work hard, and fast and they are pretty fasinating. Have you ever sat and watched fish swim in a tank? You kind of get mesmerized by them.. thats how the farm is. It's actually pretty cool. So I was watching the ants and then they started to slow down and go to sleep. Well I was reading up on ants in ant blogs (yes there are blogs devoted to ANTS) and people said that you have to open the top of the ant farms once in awhile to give the ants air but you have to be careful cause the ants will go up the top and try to get out. So as I sit and watch the ants, and see there sleeping I think hmm this is a good time to give them air. Well appartently those Ant bloggers have lame farms cause ours you don't have to open the top to give them air, the top has tiny tiny holes for air. Well I didn't know that so I open the little compartment and it falls in the ant farm!!! yeah I know! So Kelly and I are trying to get this little door out with a butter knife and tweezers because we don't have anything long enough to grab the door. Well I had the butter knife and the ants are freaking me out and running all over the place, trying climb up my knife all over the farm. I ruined there home, I diturbed there sleep. Well then I started freaking out cause they were trying to get out, and climbing all over, and I didn't want them to bite me! The trap door was finally retreived from the farm, but alas we had a few casulties, I had managed to squish at least 4 of the ants, and one was missing half of his body but was still walking around. If he survives we are calling him Elvis. So I am now banned from touching the ant farm with my hands, Im not allowed to feed the ants. I may look but not touch. Very tramatic experience.


Do Happy Fathers Day Kelly you have your ants




But this is is favorite part about Fathers Day. He loves that little girl, and boy does she love him!!! She is really great at giving kisses now!


Happy Fathers Day Kelly!!

No comments: