Friday, October 1, 2010

Funundrum

The perks at working at a News Studio is they are always getting free stuff for everything. Its called the art of WOOING someone I guess. They get press releases in the mail with free swag all the time. Then they are put on a table for anyone that wants them. Its a nice perk I wont lie!!
So this past week I scored 2 free tickets to the CIRCUS!!! I haven't been to the circus since I was little so I was so excited to go, and to take Kairi. Okay I was so nervous to take her as well because I didn't know how she would handle it, but we braved it anyway.

Well Kelly got home from work late so we got to the circus late, which I hate being late to things to but sometimes what do you do right? Well as we were walking to the circus we happened to come across this:

I guess the elephants had finished what they were doing so they were taking them back to the animal tent. Yept hat is an elephant walking the streets of SLC. It was worth it to be late. Then they had all the PETA protestors out on the streets yelling that the elephants were being treated badly and blah blah blah. I know you believe in something but really yelling on the side of the street... really? Does that really change someones mind about anything..its just annoying.

So there was so much going on at the circus it was seriously a none stop show! One act would end then anther would begins, there was this and that and some over there and some in front of us, and some the the side of us, there were things going on above us I mean there was so much going on! You would be watching one person doing something then you would notice someone else doing something cool - then your eyes would go back to what you were watching. It was hard to keep track of everying. Needless to say there was Lights, Sounds, Booming, and so much more and this is how Kairi sat the entire night:

She sat right on my lap didn't fuss didn't make a peep, just ate her fist and watched EVERYTHING. Her head would turn from side to side and she loved it I think. I was just so proud of her, she did amazing. Everyone sitting around us was amazed of how well behaved she was, and how cute she was!!









But with all that going on - wouldn't you sit and enjoy everything?

We had a great time, I love doing things as a family and experiencing new things. This wasn't just Kairis first Circus it was Kellys too. Perks are so nice!!!

No comments: