Monday, December 29, 2008

Not funny anymore!

So I did love the snow, I thought it was a very Beautiful thing that happened every winter. It covers the earth with this lovely white fluffy peaceful goodness. OHH NOT ANYMORE!! I hate it!!! I hate it, it's not my friend, I dispise it, I reject it in every way. I feel like Loreli Gilmore on Gilmore Girls when she loves the snow but then it turns evil and makes her life misrable by breaking a branch on her car from all the heavey snow, she steps in a puddle from all the slush and gets a wet foot, the inn get snowplowed in and no one will come snowplow it out of the driveway - this is my life today, I feel like Loreli Gilmore - I HATE THE SNOW!!!!!!!


First I hate my city I get stuck everytime I get out of my driveway, and if I am lucky enough to actually make it out of my driveway without getting stuck - no fear I get stuck at the TOP of my alley way! Oh yes it is true!
But today is the kicker, today is the day that the snow is the spawn of satan!! As many of you know I take the bus to work. I love the bus its so nice and cozy and secure and their aren't any crazy people on it, just nice gentleman that let me get on the bus first because I am a girl. Oh yes I love the bus. But today the snow ruined it for me. First I didn't know that the park and ride was owned by my city (sarcasm) and didn't beleive in plowing their streets, in my case the park and ride lot. Ohh so no fear everytime I pull into the lot I get my car stuck in the many feet of snow. Last week I got stuck and just left it in hopes I could get out when I get off the bus at night.
So I pulled in today and the bus just got there so I tried to park so I could catch my bus but alas I got stuck in the middle of the parking lot, can't just leave it there. So I watch the bus leave with haste as I spin my tires in hopes of unlodgeing myself. I manage to get free of the snows evil grasp and I manage to park my car in a space with the least amount of snow. Only to see my next and only other bus I can take to get to work. I jump out of my car and scurry to the bus. Have you ever tried to walk on mounds of snow and ice capped hills in high heals? Not easy, specially when you are trying to hurry as quickly and safley as possible - ONLY to get on the bus and find out walking in that snow covered parking lot with ice capped hills it has managed to do this:




I broke my heal!!! I was so mad, so sad, so irritated, really I didn't know how to feel!! I wish I had a pillow to scream in at that point would have made me feel just a little better.


So the rest of the day I get to walk around like this:

When I get home I better have a homemade ice skating rink with white skates so I can skate around my yard in hopes to rekindle my realtionship with snow. If not snow and me are so over - I'm moving as close to the equator as habitatly possible, but before I go I will burn all the snow in my path with my hair dryer!! Goodbye you evil spawn of satan!

p.s. I don't think habitatly is really a word but it is today!
p.p.s I do have a Christmas post to write just at work with out my pictures - and it will be pleasent promise!
What a way for 2008 to go out in a bang eh?

5 comments:

Nisha said...

What a horrible day! No wonder you are raving about it. Now you'll just have to visit that shoe place that Farah was talking about. I'm making a visit there this week myself. My favorite brown wedges have been worn so much, the sole is cracked and the snowy slush seeps through the cracks and gets me socks wet :( Time to go to the shoe dr.

Tiff said...

you freakin' crack me up!! but i am totally with ya, I HATE THE SNOW! i'm still not sure why i still live in SL! if you move, i'm with ya, i will go anywhere that it doesn't snow!!
ps. i'll bring my hairdryer too!! just tell me when to be there!!

Wendy said...

You are hilarious! I will give you a hug! LOL However, the snow is good if we dont end up in a drought next year. And it is pretty as long as kids dont tromp through it. However, it is COLD!

Jenn said...

ha ha ha, you make me laugh! You need the hair dryer from Space Balls.

raising4boys said...

Hope your new shoes made you feel better!! It was a no good very bad day for you! I agree, snow sucks when you have to be out in it.