Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beginning, during, after

Rules to Remodeling your house:

#1 - Don't do this while pregnant. You feel so useless and everything seems harder. You aren't allowed to move certain things and if you try people tend to yell at you.
I'm a very independant person and so this was a very big challenge for me.

#2 - Painting sucks - don't believe me ask Kelly he did most of it.


We painted Penelopes room (he he see how her door is closed so you can't see the final project yet). We also painted all the baseboards and door frames and doors upstairs. I didn't get to help with much, I did manage to help with the hall door frames and some of the doors. But again you aren't allowed to paint while pregnant. To many rules!!!
#3 - A clean home is a happy home

hey this reminds me of my nemisis - how could you forget? Check it here .
It's true what they say when you have an organized home your happier. This may not seem like a big mess but it just got worse and worse as the days went on. The down stairs had everything out of the two rooms crammed into our living room. We had ZERO carpet in our house except for our bedroom which we waiting till Friday night to pull out. By Friday night we had our bed in the kitchen blocking the stove, the sink, we had just enough path to get downstairs. IT WAS A MESS. I slept horrible all week long (not that I don't already). Coming home to this mess make me twitch a little. And poor little Router didn't understand. He followed us around no matter where we went, wouldn't leave our site, I think he was afraid we were moving and we were going to leave him. Poor little guy, so tramatized!

#4 - Keep your eye on the prize. Even with all the jumble and messes and paint splatters and paint buckets. The end result is all worth it! Seeing what you accomplished from all your hard work is a reward in itself. Kelly did an amazing job he worked so hard everyday to make our house transform into our home. I don't think I thank him enough for what he does for me, he really is amazing!
It is amazing what a coat of paint will do to a place, what it will do to your spirit! It's clean and refreshing and makes the room look so crisp. We want to finish painting out bedroom - but that will have to come later. I don't either of us have the strength to do another room right now. It took us 2 weeks just to pick penelopes colors in her room, imagine our room! One day, one day. We have to get her room all ready for her arrival, stuff to buy and things to still to organize - feels like so little time.


New padding is down. We upgraded our padding to a thicker pad and a protection against spills and accidents. With a kid on the way and a dog you just never know what might happen. It was worth the extra money, but I also got it at a discount. Regular upgrade for this padding $2 sf, for the Princess $1 per square foot. You can feel the difference, its amazing

#5 - Enjoy it - Router sure did and it wasn't even finished yet. We came up the stairs to have a look at the progress and he got so excited to have carpet again he instantly started running around in circle and being Router. I love this dog, he truely is the best thing - he will always be my baby!




I may not have rolled around like Router, but I enjoyed vacuuming my fresh new clean carpet! Don't you just love the smell of fresh carpet? mmmm I love it!! It was nice to "enjoy it"

We love the new carpet gives our house a NEW feel and look. I'll post pictures of penelopes finished room at a later date. We have some stuff to "add" to it. STAY TUNED!!!

1 comment:

raising4boys said...

Wow you guys have been working HARD!! It looks great. Way to go Kelly. And you don't have to feel guilty about not painting and moving stuff, because if I remember right you painted that front room when you first moved in. Can't wait to see the finished baby room.