Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Road to recovery

Well just thought I would put a update on Kelly's Dad. He is doing really really. He only threw up like twice today!!! He is really well, he got out of ICU today and into his own comfortable room, well as comfortable as the hospital can be. He walked liked 30 feet today while holding on to the wheel chair and did really well till he felt like throwing up, but at least he is out of bed. He has this cute little heart pillow that he has to hold to his chest to relieve the pressure and to keep his arms close so his chest can heal.

Ohh as we speak he is getting ready to get up with TJ the heart rehab doctor and take a lap around the nurses station. I have to stay in front of him so I don't "see" anything. At least he still has his sense of humor.

Hopefully he gets to go home by the end of the week but only time can tell, for now he is doing great - I'll keep you posted so everyone knows.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm glad to hear that he's doing ok.

raising4boys said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news, I feel for you both! Give Kelly lots of HUGS!!

We will be thinking about you and let us know if we can do anything. (I'm tearing up just reading this, parents in the hospital, NO FUN at all). Hope to see you back home real soon.

Tiff said...

i'm so sorry! but i'm glad to hear that he's doing better, what a scary thing to go through! keep us all posted. xoxo