Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's a waiting game

I'm not sure about the people that hang out in hospitals all day; they flock like birds to the free food, take off their shoes and lounge around in the waiting room and I have officially become one of them. We are here for good reason though. Kelly's Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday for bypass surgery. They started the procedure today at 730 and by 11 o'clock they had finished doing 6 bypasses. Yep you read that right 6. We first that it was only going to be 5 but they can never know for sure till they get in there, I say it's better to have more than not enough and have to come in again and do it all over. He is doing great!! We got to see him twice already, he looked like poo the first time with tubes and wires and hoses and pipes and who knows what else poking out of him from every direction. But that was just when he got out of surgery. The second time he actually had color and was starting to skowl at us as we spoke to him, ohh his sense of humor is coming back already.

It is always a scary thing to go through when you see your Dad that way, Kelly has been having a hard time with it. But with a lot of fasting and prayers we all have been comforted at this time. The hard part is over and now it's on the road to recovery. We are so grateful for the medicine we have today, and the doctors abilities they have - new respect for those doctors. Good think I watch Greys Anatomy and I wasn't to alarmed with what was going on. HA HA HA.

But I will keep you posted on his health as he recovers. He is a great man with a huge heart and we are glad they found these problems before it came to late!! Love you Rickey!

And yes I have my shoes off, and I did take a nap on the couch this morning, and I did eat their cereal they had for us. Hey it has been a long morning - don't judge me! :)

3 comments:

Bryan and Jessica said...

my mom is in trouble! she didn't tell me rickey was having bypass surgery! i am so glad everything went well and he is on the road to recovery! i will keep him in my prayers!!!

Michelle said...

I'm glad to hear that Rickey's doing well! The office just isn't the same without him :)

BTW - since you mentioned Grey's, did you watch the season finale? All I have to say is HOLY CRAP!!!

Hoylelicious said...

HOLY CRAP Is right!!!!!!