Sunday, February 22, 2009

$23

Yeah I got all this food for $23!!! COOL HUH!!

Well let me tell you how I got this. Well it's a food co-op and it's AWESOME!! You probably know how it works but let me tell you anyway. So they have different shares of food you can order, so you place your orde with them either by mail, telephone or fax, then you pick up your food on the designated pickup date and enjoy. The only thing you ask is that you do service to take part in this program. Anything counts towards service as long as it is not in your family. check out the website: http://www.crossroads-u-c.org/cfc/index.html

I ordered the standard share last month and then added on the nutty guys sampler to my order for $11.50. But still it's a great way to get your food storage either started or at least add on to it. I don't eat the meat portion of it but Kelly will eat it and its already packaged and ready to go, and it's things I normally wouldn't buy so he gets a variety of meat.
Next month you can order in the Standard share (for $23) is:

2 8oz. Top Sirloin Steaks 3 varieties of fresh fruit
4 5oz. Pork Chops 5 varieties of fresh vegetables
2 lbs. Chicken leg adn Thighs Stone Ground's Artisan Wheat Bread
1 lbs. Lean Ground Beef 16 oz. Rice

The Half share ($14) you get:
1 lb Lean Ground beef 4 varieties of fresh vegetables
4 5oz. Pork Chops Stone Ground's Artisan Wheat Bread
3 varieties of fresh fruit 16 oz. Rice

and there are so many things you can add on to your order, and you can order as many of the shares as you want, they also have a Extra Standard Meat-only ($13) so you can get extra meat!
I have practially eaten all my nuts, the bread is so delicious, its soft!! I haven't had the fruit but it looks good. I am super excited about my artichokes this month I love them but never buy them because they tend to be expensive. I was super excited about the red potatoes, those are SO expensive in the store.
There is a play right here in Eagle Mountain where you pick up all your food, and for those that don't live in EM, there is are so many other pick-up locations.
I think it's an awesome thing so far. And the more people who get involved the cheaper the food becomes! Let me know if you have any questions on it, I'm super excited about it. The food order deadline is March 13 and you get to pick up your food on March 28th. YUMMY FOOD!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yes the bread is fabulous! I also tried my moms dried pineapples, they are good! Korver loved them. I should have bought them! Go Coop!

WINSTON AND JENN said...

Do they do that down here in no mans land??/lol Delta. I would love to be apart of that..I'll have to check out the website...You got a lot and it looks really good.