Monday, February 1, 2010

Color Me Mine

So all these happened in January I just have so little time on my hands as of late that I am lucky I get a spare moment to breath.
If many of you haven't heard all ready I now work 7 days a week at the studio. I work the Saturday and Sunday morning shifts - its only 2 hours still but I am gaining more and more hours there and thats what I want. I love it so much. But the downside is that I have to work Saturaday and Sunday at 7-9. Now this isn't a big deal but for some reason my brain and body shuts off during the weekends during these hours. I go to work but then I lag the rest of the day. The worst was last Saturday I went home and I was in bed by 8:30 and still came home after work and slept. It's sad I know. The only thing that gets me through it is that I only do the 7 days a week twice a month. This was my choice its just to much to drive every weekend I do enough driving as it is. So in turns this is why I slack at blogging. By the time I get home from everyday stuff the last thing I want to do is sit on my computer at home. But I will try to keep a better Journal of my life.

That being said moving on...

For Christmas my sisters and I gave my Mom a dinner and a date day with her 3 HOT daughters. So a couple weekends ago we took her to Color Me Mine and had lunch at Zupas. We had so much fun.
For those of you who don't know what it is you go there and choose a piece of pottery to paint, weather it be a plate, a cup, a cute figurine, or whatever else they had. And you choose the paint, the stencils, the patterns, whatever you like, however you like it.. and you paint it. Then they fire it for you and you get to pick it up a week later. The hardest part I think was picking out what you wanted to paint. They had so many things to choose from that it was hard to narrow it down. We all ended up doing something completly differnt and in our own styles. We had a great time together. This would even be fun for kids to do!
So here is our results of that day:

This is us all painting - see those happy faces!

BEFORE
These are all of our plates after we were done painting. Mine is the Tourquise bowl, Jnets is the red Plate, Jen's is the Chip and Dip platter, and way in the back is my Mom's cup.

This is a single shot of my plate - it didn't come out JUST like I wanted to - the brown I didn't paint on all the bottom like I intended but I tried. The lady at the store tried to ruin mine by coming up and grabbing my sponge and start "showing me" how to paint the lace on.. I kind of yelled at her - in a good way. She wasn't doing it where I wanted. Ohh well

AFTER

This is after I picked them up after being all fired. They turned out SOOO great. Don't you love them all!! I do.


The cheese stands alone - she didn't make it when I picked them all up so she got her picture taken later.

All of us with our finished products (minus Jnet but her plate included)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! I want to make something!

Wendy said...

Cuteness! I love them! Now you have a HUGE fun platter too!