Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh Hall -o - weenie

We had a great Halloween! It was my year to host our annual halloween party and I think I did okay! We had tons of yummy food, fun games and great company.

Mom's "puking pumpkin" She said she was going to make Swamp dip which sounded just as gross. I told her on Fox 13 they made a puking pumpkin and told her to go check out it out. So she did, and puking pumpkin was born. I think it turned out great - and it tasted delicous!

I made "eyeballs" they tasted just like reeses PB cups!! Thanks Mel for the recipe
And what party would be complete without GAMES I spent all week searching for unique games to play in a group and this is what I came up with:
Pumpkin bowling

Villian and superhero games

Pumpkin carving contest

Jenn's pumpin won (third from top, it has a lil' pumpkin in its mouth) - we asked people walking by which they thought was their favorite and they picked Jen's. My Mom's was super cool and very unique I liked hers alot!!
And a Cake walk. Basically we had ghost with number on the floor and when the music stopped everyone had to jump on a ghost then we picked a number and whomever was on that number got a prize!!
We had a lot of fun!! I tend to get a little "excited" or "stressed" as some may call it, but I just want things to go well and people to have fun. I think I did well though, Kelly reminded me to breath. I didn't even have my costume complete by the time people started to show up and I was still veining my eyes and making root beer - but it all turned out great!! Thanks Kelly, my Mom and Jolene for all their help! We always have a lot of fun!
Seeing everyone's costumes was so much fun!
My brother- in-law was a huge hit, he came as the Burger King King. It was so funny the kids loved getting their candy from him. They kept asking where their hamburger was - and they all came back many times during the night. The best part was he ran around our neighborhood just like he does in the commercials!! So if you saw him running around I do apologize - but it was so funny.

Here are the other dressed up:


Our door was always busy! We had so much candy, I had bought two huge bags of candy, my mom brought 4 bags of candy and my aunt brought some candy as well and we STILL ran out we were turning people away!!! I told them we had a lot of kids in our neighborhood.

(tangent beware)

I was so annoyed though the kids started to come trick or treating at 4 in the afternoon!! Don't they eat dinner?? Doesn't that take the fun out of dressing up all scary like to walk around in the daylight? I thought so.. but whatever!! I remember when I was young we had to eat dinner and wait till it got JUST dark enough that we could still see but it was still dark. That was the fun of trick-or-treating!! We would be out till our fingertips got so cold that we couldn't hold our pillow cases anymore. That is what trick-or-treating was for us as kids. Those same kids that started at 4 came back to our house at least 3 times - I think they were only allowed to go down our street.
Over all we had a great Halolween!! Thanks everyone for coming! Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great party, Dee! You did a super job!

Wendy said...

Where is Router's picture? Im telling him!

Hoylelicious said...

Thanks anonymous reader!
Hmm where is Routers? I need to find a good picture of him.

Jenn said...

It was a fun party! And I know what you mean about getting stressed before, it always turns out great, but getting it all together is a nightmare. At least I have an easy holiday -- Thanksgiving. You need to mention that "The burger king" scared an 8 year old boy enough that he wouldn't even get his candy! Good time!