Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Ode to the Chipotle

This is so random but:
Do you have a favorite food that you just love and adore and when you get to eat it your life feels so complete? Well this week mine is this little fella'


The Chipotle Pepper!!

I don't know what it is about this but it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Now finding it was another story. I had to go to 2 different grocery stores and I actually ended up with chipotle in adobe sauce - which turned out to be good. What is adobe sauce - I don't know
My fetish of this pepper started many years ago at a family reunion. I have this wonderful cousin who is a divine chef (even though I have only tried one things of his, I live vicariously through my family who has been to his resturant). At this family reunion we all had to bring a dish to share - and since we were camping most of us brought typical camping dishes - some came from dutch ovens, others were salads of some sort. I actually can't even remember what we ate there except for corn on the cob with Chipotle sauce and cheese. Yes he BBQ some corn on the cob then rubbed chipotle HOMEMADE might I add and sprinkled it with fresh grated cheese. Ohhh my life was changed forever!! I sucked that cob right down and re-applied the chipotle just to eat it again. Ever since that day I have "thought" about cooking with chipotle but never have. Well one day while at work at Fox 13 during the cooking show Todd one of the cooks made Mac and Cheese with Chipotle. My mouth watered!! So I made it the other day and it was delicious. (thank you Nate and Wendy for being my "testers") Well now I have a dish full of chipotle.. so now I put it in things when I can. I made chicken crepes last night - I added a TBSP of chipotle and it was DELICIOUS!!!
So I thank you Jared for beginning my fetish with chipotle - now what to add it to next??
Any weird things you love to eat?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

You are hilarious! I have this addiction to pico! ;)

The Caldwells said...

You should go on Rachaelray.com or rachaelraymag.com and search for recipes with Chipotle. She cooks with them all the time it seems like!!

The Caldwells said...

Adobo sauce
[ah-DOH-bo]
In Mexican cuisine, this is a spicy, dark-red sauce or paste made from ground chiles, spices, herbs and vinegar. Adobo can be used as a marinade and as a serving sauce.

WINSTON AND JENN said...

We love peppers at our house. The hotter the better. I made my blog private so if you want an invite. email me your email...jennsnow13@gmail.com

Hoylelicious said...

WOW thanks Rach - I'll check out Rachael Ray - her and her EVOO as well!! love those Chipotles!

Hoylelicious said...

hmmm Pico!