Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's the rush I love

I get in these dumps where I just don't have the desire to run. I have been in this for some time now; only running here and there, nothing like I used to. Well that has all changed. Something about running in a race really gets your heart pumping and makes me fall in love with running all over again. I ran in a 5K with my sister Jnet and my friend Mary - SO FUN!!

YEAH FOR Jnet for RUNNING THE ENTIRE 5K!!!

It was so much fun!! I asked Jnet to run the race with me because I knew I would be upset if I didn't run in it, I have done it for the last past 2 years - can't break that. So when she said yes it gave me that push to run it. I conviced Mary the day before to run it. We all did great, not my best time but considering that I haven't been running as of late I think I did pretty good. I love the rush of a race, all the people cheering you on - feels like you can run forever!! Then the free SWAG is always a nice touch. So now I have my love for running back, this week I have ran twice up Memory Grove, up to City Creek Canyon it feels great. I can feel the burn in my legs. Thanks for getting my rush back Jnet - 10K in July here we come!!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay Deanna, Mary & Jnet!! Good job!!

Tiff said...

you all ROCK!!

Burnham Family said...

wahoooo! Way to go deanna! Racing can be very addicting!