Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pink ruffles

Thats a great business name eh? I think I just might have to start a business with a name like that. Hmm what should I sell?
Well my darling friend Lexi is having a baby girl this October, but since she lives SO far away she came home to have a baby shower with her family and friend her. I made her a present I was super excited about it. I got the idea from my sister Jenn after she made one for her friend that was having a baby. So I went to my Moms and with her expertise she helped me sew her present.
My Mom is a master seamstress I remember as kids she would make us anything and everything! She even made us our own underwear - mine had apples on it - hmm I just told you what my underwear looked like, that was weird. But really my mom is a genius when it comes to sewing (and other things, just one of her many talents). She would make all of our halloween costumes, all our school play costumes, she made bridesmaids dresses for my sisters wedding, she made clothes for school, she helped me with dresses I wanted to make, with headbands, if I came to her with an idea I always can count on her that she will be able to help me. One of the many things I wish I got from my Mom - sewing is hard but with my moms help I can make wonderful things.

This is me sewing, with the help of Mom of course!

And the finished Product!! Didn't it turn out so Cute!!!
We cut and sewed on each layer of that tutu. As the layers got on, the hard and hard it was to sew on. It was a lot of work and took a good 3 hours to do - but it was so ABORABLE!! I finished it off by putting some iron on rhinestones on the front - really added to it!! YEAH look how crafty I am! Thanks Mom for helping me and your paitence as I sew -probably not the eaisest thing to watch as I break needle after needle and get the thread tied up in balls. Thanks Mom!! Thanks Lexi for having a girl so I could make this adorable outfit - hope you liked it!


6 comments:

Nisha said...

Pink ruffles is a super cute business name and that tutu onesee is the MOST ADORABLE thing I've ever seen. If my baby is a girl, I have to have one. Holy cuteness Deanna! Your friend is going to love it.

Michelle said...

So adorable! Want to make another one? I'll buy it from you :)

Hoylelicious said...

I told my mom there was an interest outthere!

Robyn said...

That is SOOOO cute! Good work, Deanna!!

Tiff said...

so stinkin' cute!! love it!!

Jenn said...

I love that mom is such a great seamstress. I showed her a picture I found online and she totally helped make it happen. We totally could make a ton of money making and selling these! Everyone is going to want one now.