Monday, June 15, 2009

I want to join your clan

If only I was Scottish. My mom and I tried to get adopted into a Scottish clan this past weekend at the Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving point but we had very little luck, no I take that back A very nice man from the Kennedy Clan wanted to adopted us in. He said they would take anyone. hmm should be have been offended? WHO CARES!!!!!
Yep my mom and I braved the storms and went to Thanksgiving point and watched all the Scottish had to offer. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!
Something about thos bagpipes that once they start playing you just want to cry - the emotion it brings with it is ASWESOME!!! We watched them throw rocks, and sheep, and poles, and weights, weights with poles on the, and weights with chains on them. We ate their delicious meat pies, and their delicous strawberries and scones, we drank cream soda from the coolest bottles. We stalked old men for mom to take pictures of. The best part of the day was when they were having the bagpipe competition and it started to sprinkle a little while a group was playing. Then the next group lined up to play and it started to POUR so they ran under the tent we were sitting in, then the wind started to blow and it got them all wet. Then we were getting all wet and Mom and I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Not sure what was so funny but we laughed; we were having a great time. Oh how I wish I was scottish. If either of us win the trip to Scotland - oh we will be adopted for sure!!!
So here are the highlights of our day (some of them)


Truly a gifted talent these people, I love the bagpipes!


The most delicious meat pies EVER and with a little HP sauce YUMMY!! IF anyone is going to Europe in the near future you MUST bring me back HP SAUCE!!!!
So Next year everyone has to go to this, it was a Blast!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You ate the meat pies?

Wendy said...

I heard that they dont wear underwear under their little dresses/skirts... is that why you went?

Burnham Family said...

yes there is something about bagpipes that stirs your insides. Those scottish know how to have fun!